Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 36

Thread: Eye candy for ME

  1. #11
    Senior Hostboard Member
    Eye candy for ME


    Old Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 23rd, 2003
    Posts
    6,359
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    62 Post(s)

    Re: Eye candy for ME

    Quote Originally Posted by Altec Best View Post
    My neighbor had a 1969 Stingray 427 tri-power.One of the nicest cars I have ever seen.I spent many a night working on that car. :2thumbsup: I was just a teenager then, 435 hp It was a blue silver metallic color. Awesome !
    Fer me the 69 don't get it. Has to be one of these:

    1967 427 435 Corvette $139,900 Ron Romero 513 314 3149 - a set on Flickr

    Never liked the Mako vettes as much.

    But for 139 grand I could buy ...

    It doesn't make sense for me to buy something pristine. I'm gonna drive it not store it...
    Your neighbors called. They like your music.

  2. #12
    HB Super Moderator
    Eye candy for ME


    Altec Best's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 10th, 2008
    Location
    Central New Jersey
    Posts
    4,257
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)

    Re: Eye candy for ME

    Quote Originally Posted by Old Guy View Post
    Fer me the 69 don't get it. Has to be one of these:

    1967 427 435 Corvette $139,900 Ron Romero 513 314 3149 - a set on Flickr

    Never liked the Mako vettes as much.

    But for 139 grand I could buy ...

    It doesn't make sense for me to buy something pristine. I'm gonna drive it not store it...
    See I'm not that picky when it comes to a 427 tri-power tuned to perfection 4-speed . If you don't know by now the world is full of personal preferences.After all why do you think there are Fords,and JBL's

    In that style body corvette I would prefer the '63 split window small block 327

  3. #13
    Senior Hostboard Member
    Eye candy for ME


    Old Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 23rd, 2003
    Posts
    6,359
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    62 Post(s)

    Re: Eye candy for ME

    Quote Originally Posted by Altec Best View Post

    In that style body corvette I would prefer the '63 split window small block 327
    If it's the 350 HP model.

    It's a nice looker. I always like the 62, which is a Stingray back on an old style front.

    All this reminds me of going to the beach and looking at women...I fall in love, at least till I see the next one...:2thumbsup:
    Your neighbors called. They like your music.

  4. #14
    Senior Hostboard Member RonSSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 6th, 2002
    Posts
    1,222
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    17 Post(s)

    Re: Eye candy for ME

    [QUOTE=Old Guy;1847011]That ain't a tunnel ram, you are very confused about this car. A tunnel port is something VERY different. Nascar motor.

    Seems to me that Tunnel Port describes the heads, not the intake manifold. Pictures are too blurry to see what the manifold looks like.

    Still a cool car.

    Ron
    Enjoying Altec Speakers since 1972

  5. #15
    HB Super Moderator
    Eye candy for ME


    Altec Best's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 10th, 2008
    Location
    Central New Jersey
    Posts
    4,257
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)

    Re: Eye candy for ME

    Quote Originally Posted by Old Guy View Post
    If it's the 350 HP model.

    It's a nice looker. I always like the 62, which is a Stingray back on an old style front.

    All this reminds me of going to the beach and looking at women...I fall in love, at least till I see the next one...:2thumbsup:
    Ain't that the truth, I remember falling in love hundreds of times a day back then a real romeo !

  6. #16
    Hostboard Member theebadone's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 11th, 2009
    Posts
    58
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Eye candy for ME

    We're not all ford and chevy lovers, some of us do like our GTXs and Superbirds.

  7. #17
    Senior Hostboard Member
    Eye candy for ME


    Old Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 23rd, 2003
    Posts
    6,359
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    62 Post(s)

    Re: Eye candy for ME

    [quote=RonSSS;1847049]
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Guy View Post
    That ain't a tunnel ram, you are very confused about this car. A tunnel port is something VERY different. Nascar motor.

    Seems to me that Tunnel Port describes the heads, not the intake manifold. Pictures are too blurry to see what the manifold looks like.

    Still a cool car.

    Ron
    The ports were developed for the SOHC 427. When Nascar outlawed the SOHC Ford tried to adapt the port style to the pushrod motor.

    The pushrod goes up the center of the manifold intake port inside a pressed in tube. The combination of that routing in the manifold and the big round ports is what makes a "tunnel port" motor.

    http://www.wrljet.com/fordv8/images/...ntake-port.jpg

    http://www.wrljet.com/fordv8/images/427tp-intake.jpg

    http://www.wrljet.com/fordv8/images/427tp-intake-2.jpg

    There was also a tunnel port 302, very,very rare. And a SOHC 302 that AFAIK never was released.
    Your neighbors called. They like your music.

  8. #18
    Senior Hostboard Member
    Eye candy for ME


    Old Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 23rd, 2003
    Posts
    6,359
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    62 Post(s)

    Re: Eye candy for ME

    Quote Originally Posted by Altec Best View Post
    Ain't that the truth, I remember falling in love hundreds of times a day back then a real romeo !
    Back then? I was talking about last summer.
    Your neighbors called. They like your music.

  9. #19
    HB Super Moderator
    Eye candy for ME


    Altec Best's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 10th, 2008
    Location
    Central New Jersey
    Posts
    4,257
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)

    Re: Eye candy for ME

    Quote Originally Posted by Old Guy View Post
    Back then? I was talking about last summer.
    :laffingassoff: Yeah but i have to watch the cast iron frying pan,I don't want to wear it as a crown.

  10. #20
    Inactive Member Nipper's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 9th, 2009
    Posts
    280
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Eye candy for ME

    Whoa!!!

    I cant be missing out on the car thread! C4 Corvette here.

    What do you guys have?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.